Equity and Inclusion intern
Equity and Inclusion
237 High Street, NC 122, Middletown, CT, 06459
• The intern will assist with special projects including distribution of information, data entry, filing, and research.
• Learn and adapt to new technology as it relates to office practices and procedures. (Web page updates, Twitter, etc.)
• Receive, send, and distribute faxes, scan, emails and telephone calls.
• Maintain confidentiality of information.
• The intern will promote and/or participate in the core programs that are sponsored (or co-sponsored) by the Office of the Dean for Equity and Inclusion. Annual programs include: New Student Orientation – Student of Color Reception and the Queer Reception (held in late August), Dwight Greene Memorial Symposium and the Alumni of Color/Student of Color Dinner and Recognition Ceremony (held in November), Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Symposium (held in February), and the Trustees of Color/ Student of Color Meeting (held in February).
• The intern may coordinate additional programs with the approval of the Dean for Diversity.
• The Dean and the intern will work together to identify a set of activities (core programs and additional programs) that is mutually agreeable and attainable within the structure and timeframe of the internship.
9 -5 with some flexible late evenings and weekend
8 maximum but varies
E-mail for Interview: